Morning Beirut!




I hate alarm-clocks! They’re the perfect party-pooper after very little time in Morpheus’ delicious arms and some inauspicious consequences: a combination of morning headache and dramatically deep dark circles. Thank God, an other combination - Paracetamol magic little pills and my beloved Glam Bronze powder - did a pretty good job and, boosted by a sip of Turkish coffee and by the excitement of meeting my hundreds of cycling mates, I was fairly presentable (I think so…)

What a beautiful sunny day!

Beiruti joggers have already invaded the Corniche and some lucky folks are even swimming. Couples in their fifties hand in hand, HOT fashionable athletic guys (that I could obviously spot miles away), trendy girlies with the whole jogging-must-gear (Sports hair strip and wristbands, mini Evian water bottle and I-pod), kids in bicycle or running kites and a few dog-walkers here and there, I started feeling less miserable about my waking up early :-)

Brand new luxurious condos are wildly mushrooming all over the coastline but from time to time, an old building scattered with machine guns’ shots would rise, reminding Lebanon’s decades of war and civil unrest.

Aucun commentaire: